Take a trip on the snow pulled by huskies dog, try dog sledding!
Dog sledding is a special way to take a trip on the snow pulled by man’s best friend: dogs! In Madonna di Campiglio and Pinzolo, you can experience these lovable animals at work in their natural woodland habitat.
During winter in Madonna di Campiglio, the Athabaska school organizes dog sledding trips with their huskies at Piana di Nambino. The school organizes: dog sledding with an instructor, one or few days with the sled dogs (for families, schools, or other groups), courses for mushers to learn how to steer a dog sled (7 days or 2 weekends).
Winter fares 2014-2015
- tour with the instructor: adults € 30, children under 12 years € 25
- dog sledding initiation: € 80
- tour by night and dinner in a farm holidays: adults € 70, children under 12 years € 45
- 2-day course (1st day: dog sledding initiation; 2nd day: tour of 15 km with lunch in a farm holidays): € 250
- 5-day course: € 500
New winter 2014-2015
- Dogsledding & Winter farm at malga Darè: dogsledding and visit to the farm with the animals. Cost: 100 euro per person
- Sled excursion & Winter farm at malga Darè: visit to the farm with animals. Cost: 60 euro per person
In summer, if you love animals and taking walk, you can also try dog trekking for a different way of experiencing the mountains. The school organizes bikejoring trips for extreme cyclists, as well as cart-pulling courses (using dogs).