Dog sledding is a special way to take a trip on the snow pulled by man’s best friend: dogs! In Madonna di Campiglio and Pinzolo, you can experience these lovable animals at work in their natural woodland habitat.
During winter in Madonna di Campiglio, the Athabaska school organizes dog sledding trips with their huskies at Piana di Nambino. The school organizes: dog sledding with an instructor, one or few days with the sled dogs (for families, schools, or other groups), courses for mushers to learn how to steer a dog sled (7 days or 2 weekends).
Winter fares 2016/17
- tour with the instructor: adults € 40, children under 12 years € 30
- dog sledding initiation: € 100
- 2-day course (1st day: dog sledding initiation; 2nd day: tour outdoor): € 250
- private course: rates on request
New winter 2016/17
- Sleddog baptism: driving-alaskan husky sledge training and test. Also for groups.
- Dogsledding tour: tour with instructor in the amazing landscape of the Brenta Dolomites.
In summer, if you love animals and taking walk, you can also try dog trekking for a different way of experiencing the mountains. The school organizes bikejoring trips for extreme cyclists, as well as cart-pulling courses (using dogs).
Info and reservation:
Scuola di Sleddog Athabaska
Tel. +39 333 1328490
Facebook: dogsledding Athabaska