Pelugo, S. Antonio Abate church, frescos by Baschenis, 1474
The works of Baschenis, the itinerant painters from Bergamo, started in S. Antonio Abate church in Pelugo, where Cristoforo, the first of the dinasty to come in Trentino, painted an important fresco of S. Anotnio Abate above the church portal in 1474.
This work was finished with the help of his brother Simone: for the first time in St. Antonio Abate church there is a cycle dedicated to only one topic with many images and vernacular captions.
The church has a wide nave and a peculiar Romanesque bell tower with Ghibelline cusp.
For guided visits and opening: phone +39 366 4063863