The woods of Madonna di Campiglio-Pinzolo and of Val Rendena are rich with a wide variety of mushrooms, and many experts choose this area for their end-of-summer hunts.
Below are the rules to be followed when hunting mushrooms:
Declarations of the intent to begin mushroom hunting may be submitted at the following locations:
BANCO BPM S.P.A.
FILIALE DI PINZOLO – VIA A.CAOLA – 38086 PINZOLO
IBAN DEL COMUNE DI PINZOLO
IT 45 K 05034 35260 000000010198specifying in the description “tassa per la raccolta funghi”, providing your personal details, and indicating the period concerned)
Azienda per il Turismo Pinzolo: from 9.00am to 1.00pm and from 2.00pm to 6.00pm.
Azienda per il Turismo M. di Campiglio: from 9.00am to 1.00pm and from 2.00pm to 6.00pm
Provincial Law no. 11 of 23 May 2007 – abstract of regulations
1. Within the territory covered by the municipalities of the Val Rendena valley, the hunting of (edible and non-edible) mushrooms is allowed in quantities of no more than two kilograms per day per person over the age of ten, subject to submission of a declaration of intent to begin such hunting and payment of the fee required for the given collection period.
2. Children under the age of ten may hunt mushrooms, within the quantity limit specified, if accompanied by a family member in possession of a receipt of payment of the aforementioned fee. The maximum quantity allowed does not apply in the event that a single mushroom, not in addition to others, exceeds such limit on its own.
3. Mushroom hunters are required to conduct an initial cleaning of the mushrooms in the location in which they are collected and to transport them exclusively in rigid, perforated containers. Hunters must not damage or destroy mushrooms on the ground and may not use rakes, hooks or other tools that could damage the ground’s humus layer. Mushroom hunting between the hours of 7:00pm and 7:00am is prohibited.
4. Mushroom hunting is subject to payment of an appropriate fee based on the intended collection period, which is to be submitted to the town hall or through authorized intermediaries when presenting the declaration of intent to begin mushroom hunting or by depositing the sum into the appropriate postal current account, specifying the description “versamento per la raccolta funghi”, the personal details of the party concerned, and the intended collection period. In the event of deposit into the postal current account, the receipt for payment shall replace the declaration of intent and is sufficient proof of required payment.
5. The receipt is specific to a single person, has a validity of no more than one month, and authorizes the collection of mushrooms within the territory outside of the Adamello Brenta Nature Park and within the municipalities of the Val Rendena valley, including the area of Ragoli 2nd section (Spinale-Montagnoli) in observance of established limitations and all other applicable laws. (see map)
6. Within the confines of the Adamello Brenta Nature Park within the municipalities concerned, the collection of mushrooms is only allowed for residents of the province of Trento. Non-residents of the province of Trento may collect mushrooms within the park so long as they stay within the province for at least five consecutive days, subject to submitting the declaration of intent and payment of the fee.
7. A 50% reduction in the fee shall be applied to: people staying within the province of Trento for at least three consecutive days for vacation; people who have been resident in the province of Trento for at least five years or have a parent who is resident in the province; and people who own or otherwise possess rights over residential property in one of the participating municipalities within the Val Rendena valley.
€10.00 for 1 day – reduced rate: €5.00
€20.00 for 3 days – reduced rate: €10.00
€30.00 for one week – reduced rate: €15.00
€40.00 for two weeks – reduced rate: €20.00
€60.00 for one month – reduced rate: €30.00
€120.00 for 90 days – reduced rate: €60.00
€200.00 for 180 days – reduced rate: €100.00
- mushroom collection map
- park self-certification
- exemption self-certification
- reduced-rate self-certification