arrival date


  • Book with us:  
  • no booking costs  
  • direct contact  
  • only Apt partners  
  • a 100% safe payment platform

Darè, Vigo and Villa Rendena


In the nineteenth century Darè was described as the typical Rendena rural village, with stone houses covered with shingle roofs, elegant portals decorated with family coat of arms. At the present time, because of the fires in the half of the twelfth century, these feautures have been changed, even if people can find some signs in the more ancient core of the village.
Near that village there is Vigo Rendena, linked to Darè by varied events. A part of the village is placed on Corno Basso east mountasides and another area on the plain of the valley bottom, at the edge of a wide agricultural area. Also Vigo was destroyed by a violent fire in 1929 and built again almost completely. The first inhabitants of Villa Rendena came from the Bronze Age; then the Raethian people came, followed by the Celts and by the Romans in the end. The center of the village is surrounded by old houses with huge walls and granite portals; the main square offers some interesting religious frescoes. The municipality of Villa Rendena includes Javrè and Verdesina hamlets as well.





1. Casa Cüs (Darè)

Is a rural medieval house: it has a wide sloping roof with larch shingles and huge walls. There are wooden superstructures upstairs, used for the drying process of the agricultural products in the past. From May 2011 the “Casa, cose, Cüs “ museums is based here: it is a cultural itinerary that emphasizes the peculiarities of the building and gathers the collections of “Giorgio Valentini” (5.000 objects of the old works and traditions of the alpine people and culture) and “Egidio Gottardi” (200 copper tools).


2. Casa Guste (Javrè)

Casa Guste is a rural house of the second half of the nineteenth century. The “Al Filò dal Lundì” cultural society of Javrè is based here: there is an exhibition dedicated to the tradition of laces and spindles, started in 1907 with the opening of the Habsburg school of bobbin laces.


3. San Rocco chapel

It was built in 1579 on the place of a little chapel, documented from 1348. In the end of the eighteenth century it was closed and abandoned after the Austrian decree that imposed the closing of the no parish churches. It was up for auction at the beginning of the ninenteenth century, then bought by Lorenzo del Scarazzini, rebuilt and blessed in 1837. With the extinction of the family male line of descent, the chapel was given to Vigo-Darè parish. On the main facade there is the painting of San Rocco; inside there is an hexagonal presbytery with the frescos of the Three Theological Virtues: faith, hope and charity. On the walls there are some paintings of the nineteenth century by unknown artists, while the ceiling has floral decorations in stucco.

4. San Lorenzo church (Vigo)

It rose on an old chapel of the twelfth century, documented in the fourteenth century and rebuilt in the second half of the nineteeth century. There is a Romanesque porch with four columns in pink marble, some copper works on the side doors representing San Rocco and San Paolo (on the southern portal) and San Lorenzo and San Vigilio (on the northern portal). The bell tower of the fifteenth century ends with a cupola. Inside there is one nave, six big windows in Romanesque style and a central rose window. The high altar is in white and red marble, and behind it there are three big frescos dedicated to San Lorenzo life.


5. Four faces capital

Particular religious capital with the four faces painted. It was built in 1630 as a vow for the pestilence. In 1882 it was frescoed by the painter Valentin o Pupin di Schio with the paintings of San Vigilio and San Lorenzo (southern wall), the Madonna of the Rosary with Santa Caterina and San Domenico (northern wall), San Sebastiano and San Rocco (eastern wall), San Valentino (western wall).


6. Capital of the Madonna of the Rosary (Vigo Rendena)

The old capital is characterized by the statue of the so called “Madonna vestida”, because of her dress. Till 1878 the statue was in the parish church. On the front capital there is a writing that invites the passersby to pray, while on the sides there are San Antonio and San Lorenzo Martyr painted.


7. Capital of the Madonna of the Rosary (Villa Rendena)

Built in the second half of the eighteenth century, it shows the painting of San Giovanni Nepomuceno with his finger in his mouth to indicate the secret of the confession. According to tradition, it was built by a certain Sebastiano Galazzini to thanks God for having saved his life.


8. Lourdes cave (Vigo Rendena)

This cave is placed in “Fisarol” area and realized in 1959 by the priest don Rinaldo Binelli, with the help of Vigo and Darè people, that made a vow to have been spared by the war. It reproduces the Lourdes cave faithfully, with the wooden statues of the Madonna and of St. Benedetta.


9. Pafsang little church (Villa Rendena)

Placed on Pafsang hill above Villa Rendena, the little church is dedicated to the Madonna of the Mercy. The church has a wooden bell tower, built in the eighteenth century and widened in the following century. The outer walls are decorated with several frescos; on the main facade there is a little granite church with two little windows and covered with a fresco represented the Holy Heart of Jesus and the praying Madonna. On the side faces there are some figures of saints. Inside, the floral nave ceiling has some inscriptions in latin. In the past the apse was probably a capital or a little chapel facing east.


10. San valentino little church

Built in the end of the fourteenth century, the little church is dedicated to San Valentino, martyr at the time of the Claudio Emperor. The present church is the rebuilding of an ancient chapel built for the protection of animals by Vigo, Darè and Villa people. The church has a little bell tower with the oldest bell of Giudicarie, dating back to the beginning of the fifteenth century. Inside there are many frescos by Simone Baschenis, portraying some saints and evangelists.


11. Santa Maria Assunta church (Javrè)

It is one of the oldest churches of the valley, built on a chapel of the year one thousand. It was painted by Simone Baschenis and it has a Romanesque thirty-five metres high bell tower. Inside there is one nave in refined stucco of the eighteenth century; there is a side altar with columns and one capital with a wooden crucifix. The high altar in white marble comes from Breguzzo, and behind it there is the Christ crucifix painted by Simone Baschenis.


12. San Martino church (Villa)

Documented in the half of the fifteenth century, it was rebuilt between 1777 and 1786. On the baroque facade, with its portal in red stone, there are four niches in stucco. Inside there are two chapels for each side and four altars. The vault in stucco is decorated with frescos dedicated to the Holy Trinity and another religious subject of the end of the eighteenth century. The apse has two valuable paintings of San Martino: in the lower part the noble Martino is on horseback and he is cutting his cloak to donate it to a poor old person, while the top part represents the sky. The high altar is in polychrome marble and ends with two arches. On the left side of the presbytery there is a canvas of the fifteenth century by an unknown painter, that shows the Madonna of the Mercy protecting the Battuti confraternity.


13. “Cros” monument

It is an ancient iron cross placed in the main square of Vigo in 1867. It symbolizes the east side of the ancient “Rogazioni” path (it means “prayers”, or rather penances and processions made for the good sowing).


14. “Dai Baltram” fountain (Vigo Rendena)

It is near the road from Vigo to San Valentino valley. It was realized in 1850 and it is in granite with an original twisted column.


15. Fountain in Roma square (Darè)

The wide square has a big quadrangular fountain of the eighteenth century in its center, with a votive capital that shows the Madonna with Jesus on the cross, St. Michele archangel defeating the dragon and St. Apollomia martyr.


16. San Vili path

The path stretches for almost 100 km between Madonna di Campiglio and Trento, following the route that San Vigilio made in 405 AD during his act of Evangelism of the valley. The itinerary is made up by some ancient paths, market by SAT red and white signs, and it crosses several villages, little churches and religious buildings dedicated to the Saint.


17. Museum of laces


18. Mule tracks





19. San Valentino valley

It is divided in three parts: the eastern one is called “Stracciola” and it is crossed by Tecino river, connecting the valley to Val Breguzzo; the second one is formed by Bedù river of San Valentino that is called Valletta in its upper stretch, and the third one is formed by Val Cavento at the foot of the southern side of Carè Alto.
From a geological point of view, near Malga Coel of Vigo, there is the contact zone between metamorphic and tonalite rocks.
In the valley there are several rustics, from San Valentino area to the pastures at the high altitudes. In the past, the valley was a famous and old communication way with Val Camonica: ancient documents show the transits through San Valentino Pass (2765 m), Mezzo Pass (2805 m) and Vacche Pass (2854 m).
The San Valentino Pass is the oldest pass between Val Rendena and Val di Fumo. In the Middle Ages the valley ground slid because of the extraction of the fool’s gold from the mines in the left side of the valley. The right side of the valley is instead an area of great naturalistic value.


You can find Darè, Vigo and Villa Rendena "Family route" map at Val Rendena town halls, Pro Loco tourist offices and Tourist Board offices



contacts - where we are

Madonna di Campiglio

+39 0465 447501


+39 0465 501007


+39 0465 447502
time diff=2.4788091182709