The museum traces the history of precious Bohemian-style crystal objects through the factory's products, original documents and ancient photographic images.
The ancient “Fabbrica dei Cristalli”, Carisolo's Crystal Workshop, was founded in 1805 by the partners Pernici and Bolognini and remained operational until 1888. It employed about 70 workers, many of whom came from Bohemia, Alsace and Lorraine, specialising in the production of precious Bohemian-style crystal pieces. Today the building houses the Glass Museum, which traces this history through the crystals produced by the factory, the original documents and ancient photographic images. It is located at the mouth of the Val Genova in a place rich in wood (fuel) and streams (motive power). In addition to the furnace, the fundamental part of the factory was a mighty mill in which quartz extracted from the nearby quarry was crushed.
The ancient photos on display show an unknown aspect of the valley.
Opening and closing times
Extraordinary openings can be booked for groups of more than 10 people.