Vertical challenge to the most famous ski slopes of the alpine ski world cup.
The tulot audi quattro is in the ranking of the best ski slopes of the alps.
The Streif in Kitzbühel, the Lauberhorn in Wengen, the Hannes-Trinkl in Hinterstoder, usually done while skiing from the athletes of the Alpine Ski World Cup become theatre of the "viceversa" challenge, from bottom to top, faced by participants of the Vertical Tour 2018.
The vertical challenge will be on the Tulot Audi Quattro slope in Pinzolo, which becomes part of the circuit of the best slopes in the Alps.
Participants have an only goal: conquering the Tulot Audi Quattro faster and "as vertical as possible"! No other rules!
Even the choice of materials is free! You can choose to participate wearing:
- running shoes with cleats
- cross-country skis with seal skin
- mountaineering skis
- snow shoes with crampons
The victory will be for those who can mix resistance, tecnique and materials.
Friday 19th January 2018
- from 5 pm: Vertical Up Village opening - San Giacomo square
- from 5 to 8.30 pm: race bibs and gadget distribution - Paladolomiti Pinzolo
- at 8.30 pm: evening with the alpinist Tamara Lunger - Paladolomiti Pinzolo
- at 10.30 pm: Vertical beer and music feast, live music
Saturday 20th January 2018
- 3 pm-5.30 pm: race bibs distribution - Tulot area
- 7 pm: opening of the Vertical Up Village, dj set and live race streaming
- 5.30 pm: start of the Toni Masè race with snowshoes from Cioca mountain hut
- 6 pm: start of the Toni Masè race with mountaineering skis from Cioca mountain hut
- 6.10 pm: Tulot Vertical Up start (for both categories Rucksack and Speed)
- 7 pm: Vertical Up dinner in Carisolo Sport Arena
- 7 pm: at Malga Cioca mulled wine. Draw of one Pinzolo seasonal skipass
- 10 pm award ceremony at the Paladolomiti
Jackpot of 8.000 Euro and draw of two wonderful prizes. Moreover, draw of other 4 prizes among all the participants in the Val Gardena Vertical Up and in the Madonna di Campiglio-Pinzolo Vertical Up.
The Tulot Audi Quattro Slope briefly:
- Classes: “Speed ” and “Zaino”
- Start elevation: 800 m
- Arrival elevation: 1.700 m
- Drop: 900 m vertically
- Length : 2.700 m
- Medium inclination: 35%
- Maximum inclination: 69%
- Light: frontal light, even if most of the track is lit.
- Suggested material: mountaineering skis, cross-country skis, running shoes, crampons, snow shoes.
The classes of the Tour
The Vertical Up is divided into two classes: speed and zaino. In the zaino class fun and happiness are in first position. Every sporty person can face the path with his favourite speed and with free choice of material. Only obligation: bring a rucksack with you to the arrival. Time measuring is in an alphabetic order. The winner is who gets closer to the average time of the other participants.
The speed class is the discipline of Vertical Up. In this case athletes will have to complete the original track of the Ski World Cup vertically and as quick as possible, always with a free choice of materials.
Everything is allow until the athlete uses his own power as a motor.