Useful tips for a healthy mind in a healthy body
To follow the paths of the Dolomiti Natural Wellness you do not need any specific knowledge of the proposed disciplines or particular athletic training. Everyone is invited to participate. For those who are beginners, however, we offer some suggestions:
- Breathe as fully and deeply as possible, and in tune with your movements and steps if you are walking; fill up on fresh air to turn it into long-term health!
- Always walk at your walking pace; if your muscles feel tired and your heart rate is altered, don't worry: stop for a few minutes, let your heart rate slow down and then gradually start again.
- Keep silent whenever you can to fully enjoy the sensations of your body and to be able to listen to the emotions aroused by immersion in Nature.
- Listen to the sounds of the woods, from those closest to those furthest away, the soundof your footsteps and... the beat of your heart!
- Note: have you ever noticed how many shades of green there are? How different the trees are in shape and height? How clear the horizon is in the clean mountain air, and in the morning light?
Some practical advice:
- Bring a small towel with you. It will be useful in particular when practicing Natural Kneipp and Barefoot Walking.
- For Barefoot Walking it is also useful to have a small bag to store your shoes in during the walk.
- In your lunch pack, bring light food, possibly from our region.
- If possible, do not bring your mobile phone with you, or turn it off: enjoy the deep contact with nature, stay focused on the present and listen to your breathing!