Ski history in Madonna di Campiglio
The Ski-lifts Company of Madonna di Campiglio was founded in 1947, with the aim of further encouraging skiing and promoting the winter resort: the first ski-lift was built in 1948.
It was a chair-lift connecting Madonna di Campiglio to Mount Spinale. During the 1950’s the lakes cable-car and some drag-lifts were installed. Today the lifts network connects 60 km of ski-runs. The ski area is also connected to Folgarida-Marilleva and Pinzolo, for a total of 150km.