Among the via ferratas in Trentino we also find a wonderful ferrata on Lake Idro: the Sasse ferrata.
Sasse: the ferrata on the lake
FERRATA SASSEFerrata Sasse is located on Lake Idro and connects the Baitoni and Vesta boat docks. The first is in the province of Trento and the other in the Brescia area. It is a path above the surface of the water that unites two provinces and, at the same time, two regions.
Ferrata starting point
The path starts from the Vesta beach in the Brescia part or from Camerelle port in the Trentino part. In practice, departures are at the respective boat moorings.
- The total length is 4700 metres (including access paths)
- The length of the via ferrata is 2400 metres.
- The maximum height change is 94 meters
- Time traversing the access path: 40 minutes
- Time traversing the via ferrata: 2 hours and 40 minutes
Returning to the starting point
- Backwards along the via ferrata
- Along the smugglers' trail: 1 hour 40 minutes
- By boat service: 15 minutes, naturally during the summer months.
Naturally, the times given are considering traversing calmly and safely.
There are three marked emergency exits along the path that go ashore of the lake.
Equipment and notes
Mandatory equipment: harness, via ferrata ropes and helmet.