The ancient Sant’Andrea church in Breguzzo
THE BUILDINGThe first information about the old church of Sant Andrea dates back to the 13th century. After being reworked in 1350, it underwent a final intervention in its current form in 1531.
The single-nave, cross-vaulted building was stripped of its movable decorative elements, which are now kept in the New Church of Sant’Andrea in Breguzzo and the Diocesan Museum in Trento.
THE FRESCOESCompletely restored at the beginning of the 21st century, it preserves valuable frescoes of different periods (15th-19th centuries) on some walls.
The building has now become a lively cultural centre where important musical and exhibition events are held.