San Giovanni Sanctuary
THE BUILDINGAlong the state road to Trento, 2km from the town, in a country location, stands the small church of San Giovanni built in 1893 to replace an old church. The facade is hut-shaped. The interior has a single nave terminating in the apse, which houses a ceramic work by Don Luciano Carnessali to replace the old altarpiece that was stolen.
In ancient times Saone and San Giovanni were villages name as “Saone Superiore and Saone Inferiore” and were respectively under the municipalities of Bleggio Superiore and Bleggio Inferiore. All what remains of “Saone Inferiore” is the church and a few old, almost abandoned farmsteads.