The municipality of Borgo Làres was established on 1 January 2016 when the municipalities of Bolbeno and Zuclo were merged.
The village encompasses the two separate hamlets of Zuclo and Giugià, joined together by the central road along which the town hall and the ancient church of S. Martino can be found. Documents from the 12th and 13th centuries show that two villages called Desuclo and Zuza, early forms of their current names, belonged to the fief of Bishop Nokterio of Verona. After the Roman and Lombard eras and the Chapter of Verona, these lands passed into the ownership of the Prince-Bishop of Trento in 1284, who managed them until 1796 when Napoleon ceded them to Austria.
Zuclo is located on the right bank of the Sarca river, at the foot of Monte Pizza (m 1878) and Cima Sèra (m 1980), on the provincial road of Passo Duron (m 1010) that connects the Giudicarie Interiori to the Esteriori. In ancient times, this Roman road was the only communication route to Lake Garda. Thanks to its position on an alluvial terrace, it enjoys a splendid panoramic view over the 'Busa di Tione' and the Carè Alto (Adamello Group); furthermore, the green meadows, the extensive fir, larch and beech woods give the village an authentically alpine character.