Javrè is a hamlet of the municipality of Porte di Rendena. It was an autonomous municipality until 1928, then a hamlet of Villa Rendena until 1 January 2016, when both villages became part of the new municipality of Porte di Rendena.
The economic activity of Javrè in the past included some traditional craft activities. A famous example was the craft manufacture of wooden clogs, which peaked during the Second World War. There was also a State School of Lace and Crochet, commissioned by empress Maria Theresa of Austria and merged with an ancient family business, which had been highly regarded.
MOUNTAIN HUTS, VALLEYS AND BIVOUACS
Alongside these craft and industrial activities there was, however, a healthy forestry and pastoral economy. This is confirmed by the many mountain huts dotting the slopes of the San Valentino valley which, with the waterfalls formed by the Rio Bedù, forms one of the most magnificent “gateways” of the Adamello Trentino and the Adamello-Brenta park. The deepest part of the valley is where three high side valleys converge: the Vallina, Valletta Alta, and Val Dossà. In the latter is the Dosson bivouac, a spartan shelter at 2300 m, below the Vacche pass, which offers access to the Daone valley.