Lodrone is a district of the municipality of Storo, the most populous municipality in Giudicarie. The other districts are Darzo and Riccomassimo.
The village sits where Val del Chiese is at its widest. The influence of the Lodrón family (one of the most powerful families in medieval Trentino) can still be seen here: the Rocca di Santa Barbara castle (11th century), Palazzo Bavaria (rebuilt in the 16th century), and Palazzo Lodrón del Caffaro, from the same period.
It is also home to sacred art in the little church of Madonna dell'Aiuto (18th century) and in the parish church (1499), where frescoes by the Baschenis can be seen.