Darè is part of the municipality of Porte di Rendena, established on 1 January 2016 by the merger of the municipalities of Villa Rendena, Darè and Vigo Rendena.
Darè in the 19th century was regarded as the typical Rendena rural village, with lean-to, slate-roofed stone houses and elegant portals adorned with noble coats of arms. These features have since been altered due to fires in the mid-20th century, although traces can be found in the oldest part of the village.
The original centre of the village of Darè is on the Sarca valley floor. There are proposals for urbanistic links with the nearby village of Vigo, with which the village already has parochial and religious connections. The Oratory of San Rocco was constructed during the plague year of 1579 and rebuilt in the nineteenth century. Some of the houses that were saved from the five fires that destroyed the village (the last one was in 1962) have typical Rendena architectural structures: large double-pitched roofs covered with “scàndole” tiles, wooden gables and superstructures and granite portals.