The centre of Verdesina belonged to the municipality of Villa Rendena until 1788, when it obtained municipal autonomy.
A SINGLE MUNICIPALITY
At the end of the 19th century, the administrators of the Municipalities of Villa Rendena, Javrè and Verdesina were approached by the District Captain of Tione with a proposal to amalgamate their territories into a single entity, but nothing came of the initiative.
After the First World War the number of Municipalities throughout Trentino was significantly reduced and this change also affected Villa Rendena, Verdesina and Javrè. Royal Decree No. 1183 of 6 May 1928, brought them together in a single Municipality headed by Villa Rendena.