The municipality of Borgo Chiese was established on 1 January 2016 when the municipalities of Condino, Cimego and Brione were merged.
This little hamlet, which stretches out along the floor of the valley, is rich in historic-civic traditions. It was the southernmost of the seven historic parishes of Giudicarie, stretching from Cimego to Lake Idro, between Bagolino and Valvestino.
It is a cultural and artistic hub, as well as an important centre for industry, crafts and commerce. In particular, wooden crafts, the paper industry and metalworking have all flourished here. Condino encapsulates the architectural features and urban layout typical of Giudicarie, being organised around the two main piazzas: Villa and S. Rocco, from which little streets and passageways lead off.
A few precious artistic treasures remain from its ancient splendour, which can be admired in the ancient parish church of S. Maria Assunta, which we know to have existed as early as 1192, in the church of S. Rocco, and in the 16th-century church of S. Lorenzo.